This information is not legal advice. While we do our best to provide useful information to use as a starting point, Plexins advises all merchants to obtain professional legal advice to ensure that all marketing campaigns are sent in full compliance with all applicable laws.
First, make sure you have enabled text marketing consent in your store’s checkout. Go to the Checkout settings, scroll to the Consent for marketing section, tick the SMS marketing checkbox and save.
Terms of Service
Your Terms of Service should include the following information:
- A description of the SMS service: What type of messages will shoppers receive and when, along with the company name or ID used to send the messages.
- Abandoned checkout (if applicable): A clear statement that services might include abandoned checkout reminders.
- Clear opt-out instructions: How can shoppers unsubscribe from the SMS service.
- Help instructions: How can shoppers ask questions related to the SMS service.
- Possible fees: What possible fees should shoppers expect, if any.
- Reference to changed numbers and failed messages.
By consenting to [Company name]’s SMS marketing in the checkout and initializing a purchase or subscribing via our subscription tools, you agree to receive recurring text notifications (for your order, including abandoned checkout reminders), text marketing offers, and transactional texts, including requests for reviews from us, even if your mobile number is registered on any state or federal do-not-call list. Message frequency varies. Consent is not a condition of purchase.
If you wish to unsubscribe from receiving text marketing messages and notifications, reply with STOP to any mobile message sent from us or use the unsubscribe link we provided you within any of our messages. You understand and agree that alternative methods of opting out, such as using alternative words or requests, will not be considered a reasonable means of opting out. We do not charge for the service, but you are responsible for all charges and fees associated with text messaging imposed by your wireless provider. Message and data rates may apply.
For any questions, please text HELP to the number you received the messages from. You can also contact us at [LINK to your contacts page or form, or email address] for more information.
We have the right to modify any telephone number or short code we use to operate the service at any time. You will be notified on such occasions. You agree that any messages you send to a telephone number or short code we have changed, including any STOP or HELP requests, may not be received, and we will not be liable for honoring requests made in such messages.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable for failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any information sent through the service, any errors in such information, and/or any action you may or may not take in reliance on the information or Service.
- A description of the SMS service: When and what type of messages will shoppers receive.
- Abandoned checkout cookie use (if applicable): A clear statement that the website captures cookies to determine when a shopper has abandoned their checkout.
We value your privacy and the information you consent to share in relation to our SMS marketing service. We use this information to send you text notifications (for your order, including abandoned checkout reminders), text marketing offers, and transactional texts, including requests for reviews from us.